This Paleo Ramen Soup has all the traditional feels of a ramen bowl, but is grain-free, gluten-free and perfect to make any day of the week
Now I’m not one to step too far out of my foodie comfort zone. For many years of my life if it wasn’t a bean and cheese burrito or an ice cream I wanted nothing to do with it. Getting stuck in that type of mindset is also what caused me to gain a boatload of weight.
When you switch over to eating a paleo diet, having the “I’ll only eat it if it’s in the shape of a burrito” mindset probably won’t get you very far. It’s been a slow process for me, trying foods I never would have imagined when I was a kid, but it’s pretty fun when you think of ways to make it paleo. Sometimes it comes out even better than if you had its non-paleo equivalent.
Enter in the Paleo Ramen Bowl.
I decided to recreate this popular bowl after seeing it plastered all over Instagram. Many different variations, all looking amazing. I thought to myself, how could I make this paleo? Oh and also I’ve never had a ramen bowl in my life, so there’s that too.
Paleo Ramen Bowls
For these Paleo Ramen Bowls, I used Cece’s Veggie Co sweet potato noodles in place of the traditional ramen noodles. They cook through perfectly, and add the perfect dose of healthy carbs.
I also used Trader Joe’s coconut aminos in place of the soy sauce. Coconut aminos are made from the aged sap of the coconut, and is low glycemic. It’s a perfect replacement for traditional soy sauces which can be loaded with sodium and who knows how they were processed. You can pick up a bottle at Trader Joe’s for around $2.99.
I also used my go to bone broth from Bonafide Provisions as the base. I love the message behind the company, and the difference between them and most shelf stable bone broth is that they include real ingredients similar to what you’d see if you made your own broth at home. Many shelf stable broths include fillers to help them last. I place mine in the fridge when I am ready to use it, and it lasts me a few days. It’s the perfect base for this paleo ramen bowl.
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup diced celery and carrots
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp. Trader Joes Coconut Aminos
- 1 bag Cece's Veggie Co. sweet potato noodles
- 1 bag Bonafide Provisions chicken bone broth
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 avocado
- If cooking the chicken in the oven, pre-heat the oven to 375 and cook the chicken for 45 minutes. You can also cook the chicken in the Instant Pot for 25 minutes.
- Place a large pot on the stovetop, and on medium heat sauté the mushrooms, diced celery and carrots, ginger and garlic in the avocado oil. After a few minutes, add in the coconut aminos and let them continue until brown.
- Add in the sweet potato noodles and let them sauté in the coconut aminos for a few minutes.
- Add in the bone broth, and let the soup continue to cook until it begins to boil.