I love finding different ways to spice up and switch up my favorite fish salmon. This salmon taco salad fits the bill perfectly. This was the first time I’ve ever tried frying the salmon in a pan and it actually came out perfect. If your not a fan of the skin, fry it up and the skin will have such a perfect crisp you will not even notice it is there.
I used a blackened seasoning on top of the salmon before placing it on the frying pan, and it’s a perfect blend of seasonings that really makes this salad delicious.
I can’t say enough about the health benefits of salmon, but I encourage you to read up if you are curious about adding them to your diet. They are one of the lower mercury fish, and the omega-3 is great for those of us dealing with hormonal issues. The healthy fats in salmon have the possibility to decrease inflammation, lower blood pressure and improve the function of cells in your artery lining. The high protein helps you to stay fuller longer, which can help out when trying to lose weight.
Even if your not a fan of salmon, give this salmon taco salad a try, you’ll switch sides for sure.
- 1 salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp. blackened seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 1/2 cup Mango Salsa
- 1 avocado
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees. Make sure to de-thaw the salmon fillet before you plan on placing it in the pan to fry (you will have snap, crackle and hot oil pop all over you and your stove). Spray the avocado oil over the pan and salmon, and sprinkle the blackened seasoning over the fillet.
- Place the salmon in the pan, skin side down. Flip the salmon over after 5 minutes. Let the salmon cook another 2 - 5 minutes.
- Place the pan in the oven. Leave the pan in the oven for an additional 10 - 15 minutes, or salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for another 5 minutes. Serve with favorite lettuce, mango salsa and plantain chips