This is one of my favorite recipes I’ve found for paleo pancakes. I tried many before, and they came out just awful. As many of my fellow carb-fiends know, pancakes is one of those things that you can’t just give up freely.
These come out nice and fluffy, and can be customized any way you like. Add fruit, chocolate, BBQ sauce whatever your heart desires.
A grain free recipe for a classic breakfast staple
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs (, whisked)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2/3 cup almond milk ((or water))
- Whisk the eggs in a small mixing bowl first. Add in all of the dry ingredients, then add in the almond milk or water last. Mix or stir together till everything is combined.
- I find it best to let the mixture sit for a minute or two to get a thicker consistency. So in the meantime, heat the skillet to medium-high. I use coconut oil spray to coat the pan first (be careful it will make the house a little smokey, cool rock concert effect not so much for a Sunday morning). As you can see in the picture I use a large spoon to scoop out the batter to the pan. I like my pancakes a little crispy, so I let them cook for about 5 minutes but you can flip them sooner if you don’t like burnt pancakes.
- Once the pancakes are completely cooled, serve with your favorite toppings.
- I love to use Sunbutter Organic Sunflower Seed Butter and Big Tree Farms Organic Coconut Nectar in place of maple syrup. The coconut nectar has only 5 grams of sugar and is low glycemic, meaning it won’t spike your blood sugar like traditional maple syrup.