These Paleo Roasted Rainbow Carrots make the perfect gluten-free side for any dish, and come together using minimal ingredients and even less time to roast!
I don’t think there is anything that makes me happier than a simple recipe. First of all because it requires minimal effort on my part, which I love. Second because the less ingredients there are, the less impact it has on your bank account. You can read all about my thoughts on eating healthy on a budget on this post.
Roasting Carrots for the Picky Eaters
Long story short, these paleo roasted rainbow carrots are the perfect side to any dish. They are also perfect for meal prep on Sunday, because they can be snuck into any meal. Carrots are known for being little nutritional darlings chalked full of beta carotene for eye health, and fiber to help aid in digestion.
Now if you’re anything like me, getting everyone else in the household to eat veggies is easier said than done. Trust me I know. But roasting carrots in simple seasonings not only bring out all of the flavor, but rainbow carrots really pack a different punch than your run of the mill variety carrots. Chosen Foods also has a lot of flavored avocado cooking sprays that you can find here on Amazon that will really bring out the flavors. Since I’m trying to keep the FODMAPs low, I just use olive oil which works just as well.
These Paleo Roasted Rainbow Carrots make the perfect gluten free side for any dish, and come together using minimal ingredients and even less time to roast!
- 1 package Trader Joe's Petite Rainbow Carrots (or any rainbow carrots)
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray (or cooking spray of choice)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Start out by preheating the oven to 445.
- Wash carrots, and place them on a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spray with cooking oil, and add seasoning. Make sure the carrots are evenly coated on all sides.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Garnish with some parsley and enjoy!
- If you are going to store these for meal prep, make sure to let them cool completely before storing in the refrigerator.
I love seeing your recreations! If you make this recipe, leave a comment below! And don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @losingitwithmelissa and use the hashtag #losingitwithmelissa