Tacos have been a staple of my diet for as long as I can remember. When I was younger, I remember my mom getting those corn tortillas from the local grocery store that you tossed in the oven for like 10 minutes and the sour cream, oh the sour cream. There was LOTS of sour cream.
Growing up on Tacos
My family always enjoyed eating tacos. We also got tacos from a local Mexican restaurant on the daily it seemed like (hence why I almost hit 200 pounds). Looking on the bright side of things, we always ate dinner as a family.
There really is something that brings people together. Everyone has their own preference, or way of putting together a taco. It’s a universal dish that everyone can enjoy in one way or another.
When I adjusted my diet to more whole food, nutrition based foods I didn’t want to leave my tacos behind. When I’m trying to keep it low carb ( or when I run out of Siete Paleo Tortillas) I love to make this paleo taco salad with all the fixings. Even the pickiest of eaters will love this paleo taco salad.
I stay true to the universal allure of tacos, you can make it any which way you prefer! I prefer to stack a pound of guac on those Siete chips – but I digress I do not.
The spanish cauliflower rice is honestly the most time consuming part of this entire dish. The meat for this dish can be tossed in the crockpot before you walk out the door to work, and is ready to go once you get home. I used ground turkey for this paleo taco salad, but feel free to use ground beef or free range chicken. I cook the meat in Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth and it seriously brings this dish to a whole new level! And you don’t have to do all of the work, how perfect is that?
- 1 lb ground turkey or free range chicken
- 1 package Primal Palate Taco and Fajita Seasoning
- 1 cup Trader Joe's cauliflower rice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup onions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup Bonafide Provisions Bone Broth
- 1/2 avocado or guacamole
- 1/4 mango salsa
- 1 tsp salt
- all the Siete chips
- For the meat, place the meat in a crockpot with the bone broth and cook on high for 5 - 6 hours, or on low for 7 - 8.When your ready to start preparing, place the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat on the stove. Place the onions and garlic, and cook until browned.
- Once the garlic and onions are ready, place the cauliflower rice, Primal Palate seasoning and salt in and stir. Pour in a small amount of bone broth for extra flavor.
- Once the rice and meat are done, place a bed of salad in a bowl, mango salsa, cauliflower rice, avocado or guacamole and Siete chips in the bowl. You can also top with paleo-friendly taco sauce such as avocado cilantro dressing.