Anything that can double as dessert for breakfast is a thumbs up from me (well I mean as long as its healthy). These paleo yogurt tarts not only hit the mark on yumminess, they feature minimal ingredients that are clean as a whistle!
When I was younger, cereal was my jam. I would buy a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch in the morning, and those little babies would be gone by the end of the day, it was ridiculous. Most morning cereals are quick and convenient, but man are they loaded with sugar. Thank goodness I grew out of that stage.
Paleo Yogurt Tarts
I made this recipe for paleo yogurt tarts mainly for the dessert aspect of it let’s be honest. I love eating dairy-free yogurt for dessert, and I was looking for a way to mix it up a little bit. Lately, yogurt bowls have been all the rage for breakfast, so you can for sure pull these off as a on-the-go breakfast. Mix in a little collagen peptides with the yogurt for some additional protein, and your good to go.
I used pecans for the crust of these paleo yogurt tarts, and I really dig the little extra crunch they add. All it takes is a little bit of blending, place in the pan and let the oven do the work.
I placed the paleo yogurt tart in the fridge for about an hour before putting the yogurt in there, the yogurt is runny enough as it is.
A fun and delicious little treat that's dairy-free, grain-free and can be enjoyed for breakfast or dessert!
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 tbsp. coconut nectar
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 1 container dairy free yogurt (I use Forager Unsweetened Cashew Yogurt)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Pre heat the oven to 375. Place the pecans in a blender or food processor, and blend for 60 seconds or until well blended. Add in the remaining ingredients, and blend for an additional 60 seconds or until the mixture is well formed.
- Place the mixture in the tart pans, or whatever pans you choose. Using your fingers (it's going to be a little oily, that's fine) press down on the mixture until it is completely formed evenly around the pan. Place the tart pans on a cookie pan, and place in the oven for 10 minutes (you can leave in longer, but check often so they don't burn).
- Once the tart crusts are done, place them in the refrigerator for 40 minutes, or until completely cooled.
- If you want to add some extra protein to your paleo yogurt tarts, add in your favorite collagen peptides or protein powder before pouring into your tart crust. Place your favorite toppings on top and enjoy!